Saturday 2 July 2011

'Voice' winner almost gave up on music business

'Voice' winner almost gave up on music business, On Wednesday night, Javier Colon took top honors on “The Voice,” but in a Friday morning interview on TODAY, the singer admitted he came close to giving up on the music business all together before the competition even began.
According to Colon, tough times and a failed record deal made success seem hopeless.
“I was (thinking of abandoning music), because it was getting to the point I wasn’t able to, you know, make a living enough to raise my two beautiful girls and support my wife,” he explained. “I wasn’t going to let that happen, so if I had to do something else, I was going to do something else.”
Of course now, with a prize of $100,000 and a guaranteed record contract, Colon’s given up on thoughts of giving up. But in the moments just before his big win was announced, he still wasn’t so confident of his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment